1) International Student Workshop on the Social Economy - Call for Papers (deadline extended to February 16, 2009
2) CASC scholarship award - April 15, 2009 deadline
3) The 2nd International Research Conference on the Social Economy - Call for Papers, deadline February 15, 2009
4) Impact! The Co-operators Youth Conference for Sustainability Leadership - deadline February 27, 2009
1) CALL FOR PAPERS
International Student Workshop on the Social Economy
Innovation & Sustainability in a Changing World: Exploring Social Economy Alternatives
In Association with The Canadian Association for Studies in Co-operation (CASC) and The Association for Non-Profit and Social Economy Research (ANSER)
Congress of the Canadian Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences 2009
May 26, 2009 at Carleton University, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Post-secondary students are invited to submit proposals for individual papers and panel presentations on one of 5 thematic streams.
See the website for the Call for Papers: http://socialeconomy.info/en/english
Submit to email@example.com
Proposal Deadline: February 16, 2009
2) Below is the link to an application for the annual CASC scholarships. This is due on April 15th. Students are not required to be members of CASC to apply. See the CCA site for more information: http://www.coopscanada.coop/cooplinks/education/awards/casc.html
3) The 2nd International Research Conference on the Social Economy organised by CIRIEC in Östersund (Sweden) on October 1 and 2, 2009 on the theme "The social economy in a world facing a global crisis." This call for papers will also soon be available in French, German and Spanish. After the huge success of the first edition of the conference in Victoria (Canada), October 2007, we once more rely on your participation.
Additional information about the conference can be found on the conference website http://www.socek.se/ciriec_research_2009
Deadline: Feb. 15, 2009
Call for Papers details:
4) Impact! The Co-operators Youth Conference for Sustainability Leadership http://www.impactyouthsustainability.ca/ Achieving sustainability requires a multi-disciplinary approach and a broad social commitment. It also requires the energy and passion of youth.That's why The Co-operators has launched an unprecedented partnership of business, academia and non-government organisations to bring together students from all fields of study from across Canada to develop and implement real sustainability solutions for their current lives and their future careers.All conference related expenses will be covered for selected participants. Their contribution is time and commitment.
• September 24-27th, 2009 at the University of Guelph in Guelph, Ontario
Apply before February 27,2009